Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Find: Made by Velma

Happy Friday! I figured since I have two wonderful sponsors this month I would feature each of them in an in depth Friday Finds post. Becka is away on a little spring break trip at the moment so this week is all about Velma! Yay!

Velma is a crafty and wonderful lady (as well as wife and mother) from Austin, TX. I've been reading her blog for about two years now and always enjoy seeing what she is up to. She has a great sense of humor, amazing taste, and some intense craft skills that uses to masterfully create pieces for sale in her etsy shop. Not only does she astound me with her ability to knit and crochet (can you tell I'm jealous?), but she also whips up a mean granny square blanket! I really love the bright colours she used in this one from her shop:


I also really appreciate all of Velma's geeky ways and think her geek themed embroidery hoops are just awesome:


Did you guess which each one is from? Looks like you need more nerdy tv in your life! Embroidery hoops not your thing? Not to worry, Velma has oodles of fun handmade goodies to chose from and takes custom order too! Just take a peek of some of my personal favourites:


What fun! That daughter of hers modelling the wrist warmers particularly makes me smile when I see her crafting along on Velma's instagram (so cute). I am so thrilled to have Velma sponsor me this month since she's such a creative, supportive, crafty lady! If you haven't already I totally recommend checking out her shop and blog, or you can even follow her on twitter! Hooray!

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! This is the sweetest post ever!! Thank you so much for all of the kind words!!!!! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Her stuff is really awesome! I like the flower coasters and the colours in the granny blanket especially! I also think I need to do more Dr.Who themed crafts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these nerdy embroideries! ^_^

    ReplyDelete