Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chevron Squirrels!

Remember the robot embroidery hoop I sent off as part of Wild Olive's stitch swap? Well I got my hoop in the mail and am overjoyed with how perfect it is for me! My partner ended up being the super talented Stacee Adams, a lovely crafty mom from Atlanta, who created the most amazing teal and gold chevron pattern squirrel hoop:


Isn't he the cutest? To top it off she included a bunch of other goodies in with the hoop making me feel extra spoiled. Take a peek:


Do you see that space robot fat quarter in there? Boy I wish we had awesome fabric shops like the one Stacee works at here in Victoria! What a sweetheart Stacee is. I can't get over the amazing detail in the squirrel hoop and she even covered the hoop in neat coordinating fabric. That lady has an eye for detail! Take a closer look: 

I've decided this hoop will become the focal point of another embroidery hoop wall piece (much like the one I did in the living room) to fill the giant empty wall in my bedroom! Now I just need to find some matching scraps to go with my squirrel! What fun! What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Ah Squirrels... The most magnificent creature of the animal kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah rats with fluffy tails. So majestic!

    This is really cute, and I wish that you had some better fabric stores too, though the way you wrote that sentence, it sounds like Stacee works at a fabric store in Victoria, and I got confused!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that one in the Flickr group - So cute!! Love the spaceship fabric too :D

    Sasha
    whatnomints

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you like it! I had fun stitching him up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!!!! It is soo amazing!!!! The fabric is way cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a seriously awesome hoop! I love the gold and teal together ^_^ Also, that spaceship fabric rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how she edged the hoop in material too - that's a gorgeous added detail.

    ReplyDelete